Thursday 12 January 2012

How she became my muse

She began as a wondrous composite,
Of all beauty I had seen.
Amongst constructs, the most apposite
To reign as the poet's queen.

And then, on a wistful, wandering day
There stood before a vision.
Such slender grace, head turned away,
My heart felt it's first incision.

As time slipped by, I caught her gaze,
More often than I should.
I fast lost count of all the ways
I'd love her, if I could.

Her face would soften when I came,
Hair framing that sweet smile.
I'd try to grin, but blush with shame,
As I invoked the crocodile.

No other girl leaves me so dumb,
So rooted to the spot.
My beloved muse she has become
My forever to have not.

For thus it is when so inspired,
So totally in awe.
The gods in cruelty have conspired;
Her hand holds another's paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment