Sunday 16 January 2011

Pros 'n' Cons

A debate is raging in my enfeebled old mind Mudpuddlees. Due to some recent reconnective activity with Uni comrades and the looming threat of 40 hanging like a damp and slightly musty teacloth over this November, I am having a crisis of age acceptance. I am raging against the dying of my hair (c'est le mort, pas de colour). At night I wake in a sweat, panicking about pensions and having no issue with which to carry on my legend and subject the world to another round of Mudpuddlage. Oh, and how I yearn yearn yearn for the days of yore.

As we know though, this could surely be a mere bagatelle and in fact I am much better off in my stoically heroic guise. There is only one thing for it, Decade War! Pros 'n Cons just under 20 versus just under 40, Gunfight at the OK I'm Bored etcetera etcetera.

20 Pro
Phenomenal alcohol tolerance
Sordid sexual congress
Confidence of youth
Hair! Good hair!
Uni life, no responsibilities

However, 20 Con
Took all night to get plastered and cost a bomb
Can't remember much of the congress
Arrogance of youth
Financial ruin brought on by hair product procurement
Irresponsible wretch
No money
No house
No f*cking clue!

40 Pro
Cheap date, wussy tolerance level
Cash £££ in the bank
Own my own little piece of England
The wisdom of middle age
Used to look old for my age, now not so much ;)
Have already achieved a lot, don't have the weight of expectation
Sex not so much, Love is the beer!

40 Con
Things ache unexpectedly
Sordid sexual congress = arrestable offence at my age
Have used up more years than I'd like

Yeah, 20 wasn't so damn wonderful when you compare it to now. Basically, I am grumpy because my legs ache a bit today and I got tired lumping stuff about and don't have a wee lassie here to give me a cuddle and make me a cuppa. Good excuse for a blog entry though ;) !

No comments:

Post a Comment