Saturday 8 October 2011

Bizarre lurch to the funny side

Greetings Mudpuddlees, and apologies for not regaling you somewhat sooner with musings, mutterings and mastery. However, I hope today's update will somewhat make up for that as I am now a Mudpuddler with a goal, a determination, even a destiny....

Back in the dim mists of January, resolutions were made - I resolved, you resolved, he/she/it resolved. Many of these promises were straws in the wind, some were wishful thinking and some, dare I say it, were outright pisstakes designed to enchant and delight, but with no discernable possibility of coming to be.

Having said that, one of my resolutions has nagged and pawed at the recesses of my febrile mind. It has, quite literally, kept me awake at night with its sheer wonderment and cunning, and it will not allow itself to be cast into the murky depths of might-have-beens and never-weres. On New Year's Day 2011 I promised myself I would take to the stage and perform stand-up in front of an audience. Now before the chuffing and guffawing commences, let me just say I mean this, and in earnest! I am determined to do this very thing.

There we have it - Mudpuddling with giggles, the next exciting divergence for a Mudpuddler who has drifted far too long between ludicrous dreams. To assure you further of my intent, I have begun (and indeed got most of the way through) writing a routine. This was rather harder than expected, whats funny in the mouth is not such a riot on paper - however, through a process of linking to a relevant earlier comment (keeping me awake at night), I have found the right approach. I perform to myself at night in my bed and write down what works in the morning. Furthermore I promise to try and include the phrase 'I perform to myself at night in bed' in the routine, which is based in part around my famous romantic shortcomings. Oh what a tangled medpuddle we weave..

Needless to say, once I have found a relevant open mic night I shall provide details to interested Mudpuddlers that they might come and rescue me from myself with some charity titters.

Joke on, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment