Thursday 29 March 2012

All the things I'd do for you (second rewrite)

I'd call you in the morning,
Because I miss your voice,
Or whisk you, without warning,
To destinations of your choice.

When I come, I'd bring you flowers,
And a book about Peru,
Y'know we could be there in twelve hours,
Give or taking one or two.

At weekends we would wander
Under blue and sun-kissed skies,
Or I'd gaze at you and ponder
The depth and beauty of your eyes.

I'd take you out, carousing,
And wake with cloudy head.
Which is in itself arousing,
Our excuse to stay in bed.

Of course I'd very often,
Turn up with a grin,
And watch you laugh and soften
At the foolish mood I'm in.

Oh, if only I could find the way
To tell you to your face,
That when I see you, any day,
My heart begins to race.

No comments:

Post a Comment