Thursday 9 September 2010

New piece, Work in Progress!

This needs a fair amount of work - but it occured to me as I was daydreaming the other day - sometimes a simple memory of one you loved brings a moment of real contentment, not for any longing to return to the past, but because in isolation, that past was wonderful, the moment was grand and frankly, it desrves a poem of it's own.

Title - The Thirty Second Smile

To memory there stirs a flash
Of she that went before,
With gentle hands I haven't held
In countless years, and more!

So now she comes and dances here
Herald of forgotten charms?
Ah yes! Look, here comes yester-me
And takes her in his arms.

Such an oddly perfect pair they make
She soft and light, he dark mystery.
Fated, though they did not know,
To Love's sad history.

And now I can merely pause
And for the duration of their show
I'll wear the smile of yesterday,
For my love of long ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment