Wednesday 8 September 2010

The screaming hyperbolae of two halves

Last night I found myself listening to Jamie Redknapp. This is not a normal occurance for me, my usual exposure is limited to half a second of him and his wife encouraging me to find 'IT' with Thomas Cook before the magic of the remote weaves its wizardry. However, the Redknapp was waxing lyrical about a game of Association Football in which England had been victorious and I was struck by the seemingly random metahpors he was plucking from thin air. You see, Barry is the water carrier so you can let Gerrard explode and we will win with 4-4-2 because if you look at the recent Champions League winners they have played 4-3-3 and we need to adapt our positions. There was wisdom there, but it was entirely accidental.

It led me to ponder how I could sum up my life in the spirit of the pundits that were, the pundits that are and the pundits that yet may be.

I have come up with the following....
You can't lay paving when the world is looking the other way, it's about giving 110%, and that last 10% has got to be bigger than all that has gone before, it's a whole half on it's own. Play right up till the fat lady blows her whistle and remember to think sideways before you go back, the lateral man catches the worm.

Yeah, massive.

No comments:

Post a Comment