Thursday 24 March 2011

Shadow Boxing

I've come to the uncomfortable realisation that I spend far too much time shadow boxing. When there are some fairly hefty bad guys to wade in to (figuratively speaking you understand), there you'll not find me. I'll be the dude working out and warming up at the back and I'll probably still be there when the trouble has come, gone and mostly been forgotten.

What I am saying, of course, is that I am great at working out what I need to do, how I should proceed, and I am equally good at planning it all out. I am dreadful however at actually facing the problem and implementing the solution, however entertainingly bizarre the solution I have cooked up.

Shadow boxing Dave would no doubt be quite happy with those two paragraphs, they neatly sum up the problem - no need to get all messy sorting it out now is there? However, even I am not lame enough to QED myself on my own blog. Why am I a shadow boxer? For what reason do I not make it past the planning stage and into Last Action Mudpuddling?

Truthfully, I am terrified of starting and not being able to stop. Having one of those addictive personalities and being held captive by the OCD stazi, I tend to get hooked on things, used to them, comfortable with them, in need of them. So, if I implement a plan, do I end up taking it too far for fear of letting it go? If your toenails need cutting (First Floor Stoneham 1990 - talons, I tell you they were talons), you don't cut the leg off. You don't - but it's the sort of stupid thing (some on, still figurative here!) I do in the pursuit of addiciton satience.

So therein lies the rub - how do I go from the comfortable planning stage, to the terrifying action stage and out the other side without loitering? Tis a puzzlement. In any case, a cadre of angry bad men just turned up at my front door, so I need to go and warm up...

If anyone has a solution, would be grateful to hear. Alternatively, fix me up with a gorgeous girl and I'll stop whinging ;) (and no, I don't shadow box in the bedroom, fnarr)

No comments:

Post a Comment