Thursday 17 March 2011

The strange case of the generous Genie

So, Mudpuddlees, I was doing a little preparatory work for a day's decorating - in the sense that I was in the thinking about it phase, when the glint of something caught my wandering eye. What else would it be but a golden lamp? Rubbing it as fervently as a man who hasn't had any in far too long, I was greeted by a friendly looking sprite. He told me his name was Gene, and that David Bowie was a filthy abuser of his name, but that is beside the point, we got into the whole wish thing.

I wasn't really satisfied with 3 wishes (his opening offer), seemed rather trite and hackneyed to me, and he quickly dismissed any possibility of me wishing for infinite wishes, so we got down to some hard bargaining. I wanted twenty minimum, but he was a hard bargainer and seemed set on 'no more than 5'. Now, those of you that have a real life experience of the Mudpuddler himself will know that I can spin the occasional curve ball, so I waxed all too lyrical about there not being enough silliness in the world. It must have touched his spritely heart, because he relented and gave me ten wishes.... on condition they were rather silly. In hindsight, I should have taken the three and gone for the money, sex and fame triumvirate, but what the heckfire, here are ten wishes, coated thinly with silliness.

1) I wish I could dance, in a modern equivalence, like Shakin' Stevens.
2) I wish I could remember 90% of the events that happened after 10pm and before dawn on any given night from Oct 1990-July 1993.
3) I wish that all my friend's cereal packets would mystically refill to the top tonight.
4) I wish I could call 'Raedwald' out of the door and the cat I plan to get and call Raedwald would come running.
5) I wish grey slip-ons with tassles would come back into fashion
6) I wish I was well known for my decorative curtains
7) I wish it could be Christmas every other day
8) I wish the singulsr of sheep was shoop
9) I wish PMQs featured a highly sarcastic talking bear
10) I wish this wish to be left open for Mudpuddlee silliness

No comments:

Post a Comment