Monday 6 December 2010

Inspiration

I had the most entertaining idea for a short story yesterday, one which fermented overnight in between bouts of waking up and hitting 5live for the cricket update and strange dreams which seemed to involve me wagering large sums of money which were supposed to be for cat food (don't ask!)
By the time I got up this morning I was fairly excited by the whole prospect, and it is not something I have seen done before in the way I intend to. I would be drawing on various other styles and blending them somewhat but essentially, a top drawer idea which I think will fly. So far, so good and then it hit me....

I cannot for the life of me work out the mechanics of writing this down. I know the plot, I know the subtle twist/theme I am working in as the story proceeds, I know the hook that gets the reader intrigued and I know how it ends (or rather doesn't, but that is for another time!). However, I am really struggling to comprehend how I tie it all together.

This is an immensely frustrating situation, and one I am finding even worse than the complete writer's logjam I suffered from earlier in the year. It is all there for the taking, the entire thing is clear in my head and yet I can't work out how to get it on paper. I don't know if it is actually feasible to do what I want to do in words. I am going to be so angry if I can't pull this one off, it really is a doozy!

I though blogging about it might provide the spark of inspiration, but alas, answers, as yet, come there none. A case of watch this space. I do hope I haven't just massively overhyped this ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment