Friday 3 December 2010

Descent

In the heat of our dance we are aflame,
Blazing trail crackling as we descend,
Two voices sing of one insanity.
You refute the man I am,
Tethered by the memory of yesterday‘s rage.
For my part, I cannot contain your passion,
Which sends me reeling against the wall,
Lustful for the exquisite pain you deliver.
We boil with hate and love, despair and desire.
And can never give enough, one to the other.
I want to wear all of you, but you just don’t fit,
You want to make me new,
But my rot is set too deep.
We burn in the heat of our dance,
Smouldering in the night.
I can no more quench this inferno than rip
Out my racing heart and feed your ravenous hunger.
I bear your brand and bear the pain for
I am nothing without you, and you are
Everywhere without me, exposed and alone.
We are each other’s last hope,
We are the coming storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment